Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Move along

I recently was talking with someone about blogging. I used to share a lot more of my personal life on my old blog. Some folks do that when they blog. I keep a written journal and realized that I was neglecting my writing in that journal because I had already written on line. And do I REALLY want strangers to read about my private life?

I decided that I would keep personal things to myself and that I wanted to keep this blog more about my crafting, art projects, and maybe music someday. Why do I do it? For inspiration. Now don't think I am trying to be conceited! I get inspired by many other bloggers. Who knows what little tid bit I might share on here, that will inspire others? At least I would like to think so. :)

So, what have I been up to? Well, the music quilt for my husband is now fully pin-basted and waiting to be quilted on the next run of cooler weather days. That is it, folded up at the top center of the photo below. I just laid out the Shaggy Mountain top that I started several years ago at the only quilting event I ever went to where you actually did sewing! I have leftover yardage and need to figure out some borders. I did not get to pick the colors for this btw. This will be a challenge to get it done and done well. My heart isn't into it much. Still though, it is made with some very expensive fabrics and I will try to do it justice.

3 comments:

Whats New said...

hea are those plastic tubbies directly under your table? In other words are the tubbies what keeps the table up?
Love the quilt by the way
Hugs
Aeron

Sherri D said...

Those are plastic rolling bins. They roll under the table and have my fabric stored in them. The tables themselves are raised up on bed risers to make the table a nice height to work on.

Sharon said...

VERY pretty!!! Very southwestern!!! Love the colors.