Thursday, March 12, 2009

Exciting Bubbles

I have done my creative writing prompts, promptly but haven't posted them for the past two times. So today is a two-fer! First up is:

"Excitement"
I scanned the journal page and it loses a lot of contrast. The little picture at the top right is a night sky with fireworks. The writing says, "Excitement = Fireworks, also new job excitement has robbed me of sleep. Excitement = challenges to organize before district manager shows up on Wednesday."

I also did a hummingbird that says below it, "Stained glass hummingbird - excitement = springtime"

On the lower left is are a few doodles to think up something to hold my colored pencil set. It has 120 colors and the way I have it now makes it hard to sort through to find the right color. The wording around it says, "Excitement might lead to new inventions, a colored pencil tote"

The second creative prompt is:
"Bubbles"
I wrote: "When I first saw the word bubbles I thought of big billowing bubbles floating through the air. Immediately a vision of my friend "The Bubble Fairy" came into my head. She really does exist, much to the delight of many a child at renaissance faires all over Northern California. I miss her. :( "

"I struggled to get this done for my journal this week. I haven't even posted last week's work. As I hunted down my book and pencils I became distracted by my hexagon quilt project. You know what? Those little hexagons are a LOT like little colorful bubbles!!!"

I still am liking the discipline combined with freedom that this creative prompting is bringing into my life. Why not try it for yourself? Just click on Clara the Cow to see how!

3 comments:

Jaye said...

The bubbles are really good. Thanks for staying with it. I am glad it is a joy for you.

Anonymous said...

Love the bubbles! Your creative journal is so much fun to look at. You are so talented! Keep it up. Blue

Linda M. Poole said...

I love that you are writing your thoughts.....For me, these prompts are unlocking alot of creative energy I thought I lost!
Linda
http://www.lmpoole.blogspot.com