Thursday, March 19, 2009

Sneaking in a bit of sewing...

I have a three day weekend coming up. Woohoo! I have been getting a little fabric therapy too. I have been needing a new purse and almost tried making one for myself. When I saw this one for ten bucks though, I had to have it! I will embellish it to personalize it. I need to do it soon, as my old purse isn't going to last much longer. lol I just haven't figured out how to embellish it yet. I have lots of ideas, that involve some freehand embroidery, buttons, beads, fringe, etc. Stay tuned to see what I come up with!

I am making slow and steady progress on the Summer Pickle Mystery Quilt. I have all the columns done and several are joined together. I am not sure if I will get this top together today or not. I have put in a few hours this morning already and have to go to work later, so I may save this for the weekend.

Here is a partial shot:

And here is the other partial shot:
This is a huge king size quilt that will end up over 100" at the narrowest side! I plan to put a two inch border around it before calling the top done. I haven't decided what to use yet for that border though. Decisions, decisions!!!

No comments: