Sunday, August 2, 2009

Wedding Bells

A week from today my daughter will be on her honeymoon. I finally got the last photos taken of the finished wedding quilt and will send it off in the mail tomorrow. I hope she likes it.

This is a close up of the corner:

And a closeup of the backing:

The complete backing shows here:

Finally the completed front:
I used a lot of oriental themed fabrics in this quilt. Though you can't see it well, the backing is a neutral on neutral print of Japanese themes. If I recall this quilt measures over 105" square. It is the biggest one I think I have ever done! You can click on the pictures to see a closeup of the stitching and fabrics.

With the leftover fabric I made a matching pair of pillowcases in each color combination:
I had never made pillow cases with a band on them before. They turned out pretty neat-o! I think I will make some out of some of my other fabrics for MY bed too! lol

No comments: