I have taken over the reins of newsletter editor for my guild. Part of that involves a block-of-the-month project. I came up with this simple applique pattern:
It was so simple. I took fabric scrap strips and sewed them together. Then I used the stabilizer-turn-under-method of making the applique eggs. I have them on a 13" square background so that the blocks everyone else makes, have lots of leeway to trim them all to the same size.
There will be lots of light background area to do all kinds of quilting with too.! I plan to embellish the blue striped egg more, with some simple thread-work.
In other news, I have been behind on my Creative Prompt Projects again. I finally came up with this for HAND:
The word 'STERLING' really had me stumped. I admit it, I finally gave up on that one. I just did the word in a doodle format:
I've spent the last few days getting the guild's newsletter out and making the Egg block pattern for it. Next it is tax time! BLAH!