Saturday, February 13, 2010

Going Insane again...

A few years ago I made a quilt that I called my "Insanity Quilt". I decided to start another one. I make them from scraps. If you click on the photo and look at the larger size, look in the left-hand area. There you will see that the smallest blocks are only one inch big. That means they will finish out to a half inch in size.

Here are several more pieces that will go into
"Insanity: Part Deux":

In a more sane part of my brain, we see that the
"Downy Quilt for Kids" kit arrived yesterday:
It is all cut out for me and ready to sew together. I love the label (on the left) that they provided too! I put the flier that came with it, on the bottom right, to show my support to Downy. What a great cause! ANY quilter can do this. You provide batting, they provide everything else! Won't you consider helping out too? Just click on the photo and it will go to the link where you can read all about it!

I am currently quilting the Keepsake Challenge quilt. Deadline is late March, so I think I will make that! I am not quite done hand-quilting the hexagon table runner. After that is done, I will start on the big hexagon quilt. The Cathedral Windows quilt is moving right along too. I have given myself the goal of making at least one segment per night.

That's all the latest from my house to yours!!! Thanks for stopping by...and happy sewing!!!

2 comments:

CJ said...

I just finished piecing two tops for the Downy Quilt for Kids project today as a matter of fact, isn't that a wonderful cause! I have to say I like your fabrics better, LOL!

Sherri said...

It is a fantastic way to help out kids! I hope to get the word out more too. At first, when I first heard about it, I thought it was a gimmick or scheme of some sort. After a little more investigating, I realized it is NOT! Makes me feel good inside. :)