Tuesday, September 4, 2012

I Challenge YOU!

I am announcing a challenge today. I was listening to a podcast recently where someone mentioned if they could wish for 100 more things, they would wish for 100 letters. That struck a chord with me! I have challenged myself to write 100 letters the old fashioned way. I have not set a time limit yet. I have done three letters so far. If I write two letters a week, it would take close to a year to have written 100 letters. I plan to include Christmas cards IF I totally hand write a letter to go in said card. I have thought that there could be challenges within this challenge of perhaps writing to someone you don't know personally, that is famous. Wouldn't it be interesting to hear how many of us heard back from a movie or TV star, or from a politician in this country or maybe in a foreign country? Wow!

Remember getting letters in the mail? Now we get a few bills, and tons of junk mail. I miss seeing those hand addressed envelopes. Mom used to write a few times a month as it used to be cheaper than calling on the phone. Emails are instant and I suppose one could print them out to save them. Somehow, it just isn't the same.

I have challenged someone else to write 100 letters too. I know she hasn't gotten her letter yet. It was the first one I wrote and she won't see it till later this week, I am sure. I know I said we should write 100 letters to each other but then thought why should we have all the fun? So I am hoping she will take up the challenge to write me back and to write to anyone else she wants to write to and to keep track.

I am not sure how to keep track if more folks want to join in. I hope this takes on a life of its own! Let me know if you are interested and if you have ideas for keeping track of who is doing the challenge and how many letters they've written and if a deadline should be put up?

Now back to your/our regularly scheduled sewing!

No comments: