Sunday, November 2, 2014

The Colors of Autumn

Halloween is just over and we're heading into the holiday season, full bore! I worked on the November block of the month for our guild. This is the first one I completed:
I don't like the colors any more than I did when I posted about it a few weeks ago. I started remaking the block, using different color values:
 
This one had promise, but I still did not like it. I was also having issues matching up seams. I know I don't have to be perfect, but the whole process was irritating the hell out of me! So I gave up in mid-block-making and designed my own block:
I ended up and rounded out the body and then added feet. 
I also did the flying geese part.
I like this version better. It makes me smile. It makes me happier. 
Shouldn't a quilt be joyful in the making? I sure think so.

In July of 2013 I started a pineapple plant from the top of a store-bought 
pineapple. I cut the crown off and put it in water:
This spring I put it outside and left it there all summer. 
It did not die! In fact, it grew . . . a lot!
They say it takes two years to grow an edible fruit. I wonder if that will happen next summer?

That's it for today folks. I hope you are all warm and happy! Sew ya later!

No comments: