Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Paper Plates

I haven't been in the studio because we hit the road for a shakedown cruise with the RV. It was hot. It was a long drive. The generator kept messing up and we almost didn't have air-conditioning! Here in Arkansas and in Oklahoma where we camped, it was in the high nineties during the day with high humidity. Welcome to the south. Thank goodness, where we were staying , they had an outlet we could plug into for the night so we were able to sleep in comfort.

Last week, on July 15,  the "My Tweets" appliqué work was finished! It was strange to go from, "There are only six flowers left to sew down", to "OMG, I am done!!!" I've been working on it for three years. Now for the scary part; I will have to quilt it. I've been practicing with the new quilting machine, Sweetie, and looking at many videos for ideas and inspirations. I shall not rush into this endeavor, lightly!

I hope to be in the studio this weekend and make progress on the Dresden Plates. I will take photos! I promise!

Happy Sewing Y'all!

No comments: