Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Lots of Studio Do Do

No, the dogs did not have an accident in my studio! Silly readers. I have made progress in the reorganizing of my studio though. My latest find was a wide plastic drawer storage unit. It has two large drawers and two smaller ones.

When I got it, the top was sagging into the top drawer:
Just the day before, I had seen a video of a man fixing a dent in the fiberglass part of his car. He used boiling water on it to soften it and popped it back into shape.
I thought that might work for this unit too. I used my workout weight to hold down the plastic and poured boiling water on the top. I did this several times, leaving it to cool in between. You can see the progress as the bow reversed itself:




Here is the new unit, in its new home. It is the one on the middle.
Although I overcompensated when bending it back, in the end, it sprung back into perfect shape, almost like new!
One of the drawers had also caved in, in the back. I used another weight to hold it when I poured boiling water on it too. My weights have never had such a workout! hahahaha


I find myself drawn into my studio more and more these days. It is just feeling so nice and inviting! I love stitching and pressing and cutting and planning...and dreaming of new projects. This is on my design wall right now:
It is a block of the month from about two years ago. 
Three done-ish and dozens more to go!

Speaking of getting some work done, I am wondering if any of you have this issue of Quiltmaker magazine for sale? It is the May/June 2013 issue. If you don't want to sell it, would you consider making me a copy of two of the articles? (Is that allowed? I think so, since it is all for private use)

That is the latest. I hope you enjoyed your visit today. Happy Sewing Y'all!

No comments: