Tuesday, December 19, 2023

SO much STUFF!!!


Continuing on with the last of October's Abby Cartoons and one from November:



I got in another estate for the guild. Here is a before and after of my dining room and office:
 

The morning glories kept blooming, well into November:


Our last camping trip of the season:


I had been knitting this scarf for most of this year:
Then I dropped a stitch:
Since I do not know how to pick up knitted stitches, I undid the whole thing 
and crocheted it instead. 
I finished it a few days before Christmas and it's on its way north, as a gift.

Progress continues on the two year sock pattern:
I finished this scarf for charity giving:

My studio now has two chairs instead of the loveseat:

We have fires at home and I'm trying salmon cooked over a fire. It was pretty dang good!!!

I emptied my pantry and reorganized it. 
My counters were full of spices and odds and ends. 
A lot of old OLD stuff was tossed.

I made pumpkin pie from homemade pumpkin puree'. 

I made a deep dish apple pie from Arkansas Black Apples. 
They are almost as good as Macintosh apples for pie making.
 

A neighbor shared this with us. It was SO DANG GOOD!!! 
It's called Babka and is a traditional Jewish sweet bread.

I hired housecleaners for the first time in my life. They left my toilet paper rolls in style:

Ready for Thanksgiving dinner:
My son folded the napkins into little trees:

I had a lovely bouquet for the centerpiece of the table. It had gnomes in it too! hahaha



Our son's birthday followed Thanksgiving:

Here are the boxes for the auction for our quilt guild. After going through the two estates and one donation, I had two bins of fabric and two large bags of batting for our community service gals. I had FIFTY boxes of mostly fabric for donating to various charities, our free table, and auction. I also had 65 lots for our auction. This is a huge fundraising event we have, once per year at our quilt guild.
The city leaf sucking truck came by:
HEY! Look at that!!! I can see my studio table again!!!

And my Pfaff is put away for the holiday. Our tree goes on top of it.

And finally, our tree is up:

Happy Holidays to one and all!
Happy crafting too!



 


No comments: