Saturday, March 21, 2020

I won't give up!

I've tried to crochet socks several times in the past. I have not been successful at it yet. I am going to try again though, because I am stubborn like that. (music) "We've only just begun....."

The design wall has the "Nordic Fire" quilt and blocks from the "Simply Charming" quilt guild challenge. I am so tickled at how the charm blocks are turning out! I would love to win all the blocks myself and have that quilt when it's done!

Another guild challenge that starts next month is "Pickled Herring". This is a bag that is made with a pieced method that resembles a herring bone pattern; thus the name "Pickled Herring".
 It has a linen lining. The pattern didn't call for a pocket, but I have to have at least one pocket in the bags I make!
 I am so full of myself these days. I am LIKING the things I am making!

Spring is well underway here. We've had lots and LOTS of rain and dreary cloudy days. It is good for staying indoors and crafting. Looking out the windows is fun though. My plum trees are blooming.

The daffodils are done blooming, but if you look very closely you will see the irises are starting to show up.

Those tiny pinkish blossoms in the upper left, are our red bud trees, adding their colors to the mix.

This shrub looked a whole lot better a few weeks ago. I want to say it is a persimmon bush, but I am not sure. It always starts blooming in February. The bees were enjoying the heck out of it last week. Maybe it will fruit again this summer?

Loki says, "Alright Mom, it I want some attention now please."
Till next time, happy sewing y'all!

2 comments:

Crowbat said...

So pretty! Love the bag. Might that be a wisteria bush?

Sherri said...

I finally looked it up again. It is a quince bush