Sunday, June 2, 2024

Ahhhhhhh, Life!

It's been a busy spring. I have lots to share, some crocheting, some quilting, and some life events.

I made a cardigan! This is crocheted. I kinda like it, but I probably won't keep this one. I learned a LOT about stitches and making a garment.

This isn't much to brag about. It's a challenge block for our guild. I am no longer the challenge coordinator but did it to be supportive of the new person who is doing challenges this year.

I did make a quilt top. This was another challenge in an online group I belong to. There are seven blocks that we swapped out with each other. I also made an eighth block and added more squares and borders. It's simple, but colorful. I will be donating this to our Community Outreach gals in our guild.

I have started another cardigan. This one will be for my husband. He picked out the yarn. I shared several patterns with him and he also picked out the pattern. I have finished the front two panels so far.
 
I'm really learning how to work with cable stitches on this one! I DO like how it's turning out.

I started this book as a challenge for me this year.There are a lot of creative prompts that are really stretching the imagination.  Let me tell you, it has been QUITE the challenge for me! 
I hope I can keep it up for the year.

On one of our daily walks we were treated to a brilliant rainbow over our home.

Actually, nature has shared a bunch of interesting moments with us this spring. This bloom is some type of squash. I don't know what kind. It might even be a pumpkin. I tossed a bunch of pumpkins and gourds and the like, in a part of my garden that had nothing in it last fall. I can't wait till I find out what I'm growing! hahaha

On our back porch we were surprised to find a wren had built a nest in one of our planter baskets. The basket was hanging off our flood lights, up above our porch chairs. In spite of our human activity, Mrs Wren decided it would be ok to have us in the area. She laid three eggs, tossed one out, and hatched two babies! We were present when the babies took their first flights. It was a real treat to watch this all happen. 
  

We've done a lot of camping this spring. I'm sharing a couple photos that I like. The first one is not a fire, it is the sun setting behind the trees, on the mountain we were camping on. The same area has some spectacular sunsets.
 

Here's one way to keep the bugs off you, while making S'mores:

Roxy came back to the house with a 'toy' one day, last week. Turns out it was a wee box turtle that she'd picked up in our yard. Did you know they can pull themselves into their shells this tightly? I didn't. I kept thinking "Did she (Roxy) bite the poor thing's head off?" I released the turtle on the other side of our fence and it seemed to be ok.
 

Mother's Day happened and as usual, I was spoiled a bit by my kids and of course by my sweet husband. (btw, I made that tablecloth)

That's about it for today. I want to get back to work on the cardigan or the socks that are ready for the heel turns. I find the heels are the hardest part to do, but I'll get them done....eventually.

 Till next time, happy crafting!!!

1 comment:

Jaye said...

I finally have a moment (or two!!) to read your blog. I used to get notifications, but I don't know what happened. I keep forgetting to go an look.

I must have missed that you had given up being challenge coordinator for your guild. Good for you for supporting the new person.

That MavSwamp quilt is interesting. My eye goes right to the 9 patch looking center and I can't tell it is a MavSwamp quilt until I look at the edges. Nice of you to make it for your community outreach project.

That cardigan for your DH is also crochet? If so, that is amazing. It looks really great. After seeing this sweater and some projects at the Fair, I have a new appreciation for crochet!

That rainbow photo is AMAZING!! I bet you could put it up on some site with a thoughtful quote and make some money.

The sunset photo is also amazing. You have a real talent.

I love your Mother's Day 'altar'. I am glad you got spoiled.

It is nice that you are camping some. I am glad you enjoy it.

So many items in this post! I could have been 10 posts!