Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Too busy to post!

I haven't done much in the way of quilting these days. We have been traveling a lot or the weather had been too hot to go into the studio. Didn't I mention I need to get an air conditioner in there? :)
Cooler than having a heavy warm quilt on me, is planning a layout on the computer! When I get this far in my hex quilt making, I need to decide on a single joining or double joining hex pattern. What do you think? The joining hexagons will all be black.
It also looks like when joined, there will be diamond and triangle shapes to add. I thought I could just join them? I have never made one of these. I guess I will have to get out the paper and colored pencils and make a paper quilt-let to see the other layout the right way...my brain doesn't function when working with these little 'creatures' lol Thanks for looking!
LATER TODAY:
Ok, I have found out the answer. YES, I will have to add the diamonds and triangles to do this OR do the black hex's three deep. That would take away from the over all quilt, so I plan to do it as above...with the diamonds and triangles done in a vibrant primary color perhaps. That will be decided at a later date though. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the black... can't you just do one black row? You are so talented! Hugs, Blue

Stitchywitch said...

Looks great! I love the diamonds, how does that work? Sorry, I'm quiet new to the hex world so I'm feeling my way!
Cheers, Lise

Sherri D said...

I think the diamonds are paper-pieced too. I haven't figured out that part of a quilt for sure though. lol