Sunday, November 18, 2007

Time keeps slipping away!

I have been very busy in the studio. I worked on some of the linens for the renfaire vendor and now I have another challenge. I have been offered a chance to teach classes at a local Hancock Fabric Store! This is a great opportunity for me. I have to make samples of each project I plan to teach though, and all of a sudden, I am swamped with sewing!

Here are the prototypes of the bags I was going to use for one class. These didn't work out. The ones that did, are on display at the store. Of course, I forgot to take photos before taking them there!
I will also be teaching beginning quilting at the store. Here is the sampler quilt I am working on for that:
It is made from Laurel Burch fabrics. She passed away this year. I love her fabric line. She was a great artist and inspiration!

While working on all these projects, I would sometimes get overwhelmed. When that happened, I worked on one of my UFO projects. This is the "U is for Unicorn" quilt that will take me years to finish...if I ever do! Here is the 'A' block as I had left it partially done, about 10 months ago:
And here is the progress I've made on it:

Next we have the pin cushion project. I am not sure why I am trying this one. It has been like a puzzle piecing project for me! The book shows what they are supposed to look like when completed. I have it all pinned in place and next, I have to sew it together, by hand.
Finally, I was inspired by a fellow quilter who has been working on a Pineapple quilt for ages. She is also doing her project by hand. I wanted to layout the flowers I have made so far in my hexagon quilt. There are 39 of them now!

Now you know why I have been so quiet on my blog again! If I don't post before turkey day, I wish you all a wonderful holiday!

2 comments:

Jaye said...

I hate to tell you, but I am doing the Flowering Snowball by hand and the Pineapple by machine. I hope it doesn't ruin your inspiration!

Very nice projects and that is so great that you have been asked to teach.

I am also thrilled to see gift bags in your repertoire. Remember to mention that using decorative stitches on the gift bags hems is a great, low investment (of time and materials) way to learn to use the decorative stitches. They also make the bags look pretty.

Sherri D said...

That will teach me to pay attention to details! lol Even your snowball blocks are inspiring! And you know what? I just realized that I thought you were sewing THEM by machine!!! What a goofus I am these days! lol

On the decorative stitches, I plan to do just that...anyone who comes in with a machine that can do even a zig zag, will be shown how to turn that into a decorative stitch!

Thanks for your input on the bags Jaye!