Saturday, October 11, 2008

Double spooky day

Kevin's quilt top is finally done. I have two more tops to finish before I start quilting any of them. I also have the Pickle Mystery Quilt to try to assemble to be quilted. I don't know if I will work too hard on that one or start assembling the Wedding Ring quilt first. Decisions, decisions!
The shroom bouquet continues to grow. I found out they are "Honey Mushrooms" and are not edible. I assume the name is due to their color, rather than their flavor!

And now for something completely different and showing the second spooky picture of the day, this is in our neighbors yard. The photograph was taken from our carport, looking over their driveway at the front of their house.
:) The twisted wood in the bottom left corner is a root ball that I actually packed up and moved with us from California! It should be no surprise to those that know me, that I would ship a dead root ball. lol To clarify, the root ball is NOT the spooky part of this posting!

4 comments:

Laume said...

I saw the spooky part of the photo right away. Shudder!!!! I need to rectify our political sign free yard soon. We're 100% an Obama family!

Anonymous said...

Around here those signs have been altered to read: Main Pain. Funny. Not funny the paint balled Obama signs. Blue-e

Barbara said...

Congrats on FINALLY finishing Kevin's quilt. Everything else is too scary for me to comment on.

Sherri D said...

We're not too thrilled with either choice, but the neighbors, bless their hearts, have made some political comments that really bug us...and we worried about putting our ghost/ghoul in the front yard...I shudder to think what would happen if we put any political signs in the yard too!!!