Friday, October 3, 2008

Maybe I'll sew today?

I have spent a lot of time this week doing anything but what I wanted to do! Work has been insane with a new manager coming in and all the changes they are doing to the store. It is looking better but plays a bit of havoc with all of the clerks learning new systems and new ways of doing things.

I haven't been able to touch a sewing machine in days! I did get most of the blocks cut out though, for a gift quilt for a friend. Today I hope to sew until I ache!!! lol

The fabric came in for Kevin's quilt and I was so tickled that it matched so close to the lightest blue that I will be able to finish the quilt off far better than I'd hoped to! That kid better like this quilt! lol

Today's Post Spooky is a couple photos of the ghoul in our front yard. Since his appearance on the first of October, our neighbor next door hasn't talked to us or waved at us. Gosh I hope she isn't weirded out by our decorations???

2 comments:

Kirsty said...

some people are just spooked about halloween. I had someone this summer, born again, no offence but she sheesh, this makes me just mad to talk about, anyway, she told me pagans and witches ate little children in the woods in the south. OMG! Some people you just can't talk to. I tried, really tried, but I was at work and she was a resident so I shut up and got busy with something else so I could just walk away. So maybe your neighbor is like THAT!! (if that's not scarey, nuttin' is!!)

Hugs,

Kirsty/Moonsinger

Sherri D said...

Hmmm, we live in the south, but we only eat the children that are made out of milk chocolate!

I have had to bite my tongue a few times here. Most folks are more tolorent than I expected. Some are still downright scary.
Oh, and the neighbor is talking to us. She is not bothered by the ghoul. Thank goodness. I like her a lot and would have hated to have something like the ghoul come between us!

Why can't people be more open to all believing in what they wish to believe in?
I have never understood that.