Thursday, October 30, 2008

What happens during ten hours of fabric therapy?

Since I last posted I haven't had much time to be in my studio. I made up for it today! I cut out the fabric for two aprons, and a table runner, and trimmed several blocks up for various projects.

Here is the top of the table runner that I started today:
It is just a simple Irish Chain pattern. The blocks are six inches square. I hope to sandwich it and quilt it later this week...maybe! lol


I have started sewing the blocks together for the Coffee Quilt. All the fabrics have coffee words on them like espresso, mocha, and latte. I hope to have this one done for a gift for someone for Christmas.

I made progress on the House Block Quilt too. I have the sashing and corner stones done around two of the four rows. All the houses have detail work on the doors and windows. You might be able to see that if you click on a photo for a closeup.

My spooky post is this little travel tissue holder I made from skull and crossbones fabric. I plan to give this one to a co-worker who swapped shifts with me so I could go away for five days in a row. We went to a little renfaire and celebrated my 54th birthday there on Sunday!!!I don't feel older though. I feel wiser! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, fabric therapy has put me in a better mood to go back to work for the next two days....or more, depending on if they have the schedule up at work yet.

I wonder what it will be like, working in a store on Halloween night? hmmmmmmmmmm.....

No comments: