Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A little news

I recently took in my first commission quilt. It was made by a lady for her Granddaughter. It was quite a learning experience. She didn't want it heavily quilted. It had a lot of lose puckers where she had had trouble getting the blocks matched up. She brought it over with the top, backing, and batting pinned together. I took the layers apart and re-pinned it. I ended up and did rays on most of the blocks and frame-squares on the colored blocks. I learned so much from doing this quilt for another person!

The most important thing is that the maker of the top was thrilled with it. :)

In other news, I can't believe it, but I am now the proud owner of a quilting frame and machine! I will be setting it up after Thanksgiving. I am so hopeful that I will be good at it so that I no longer will have to wrestle quilts under my machine. My shoulders and hands get very sore doing that! I have no delusions of making a business out of quilting for others though. I care way too much to do that! It would take me forever to quilt for someone else on a regular basis!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sherrie, I'm SOOOO proud of you!
Bluee