Friday, August 28, 2009

Go Green!

I've been busy this morning! I have all the pieces pinned and ready to work more hand applique on the Dragon Quilt.
I also made this reusable lunch bag for my 3rd grader:
The cotton fabric is made from leftovers from another project. I used some vinyl packaging from some curtains that I got a while ago, to make a little pouch on the outside of the bag. I wrote Tom's name and his teacher's name on a scrap of card-stock. I then put that inside the pouch. This way, IF he were to leave it behind, there would be a chance he would get it back. I also used scraps from an old plastic three-ring folder, to make the bottom sturdier. This is a VERY 'green' bag! Quite PC for today's conscientious "Go Green" folks! :)

I used the pattern from Skip To My Lou's web blog. She has a GREAT blog FULL of ideas for lots of things!!!

1 comment:

SkiptomyLou said...

What a great job! I love your creative touches! Thanks for the sweet words and for linking to me!