Thursday, August 6, 2009

A little progress

I have the raw cutouts for the boy hugging his dragon. Next I need to flesh out the dragon's face and perhaps add a little detail to it. Then all gets appliqued down. I haven't decided if I will do needle turning by hand or just turn and machine stitch. Maybe I will do both! Satin stitching on this quilt just would not give the look I want for this project.
The dragon's head and boy are just pinned in place and have seam allowances included. He won't be quite so chubby when completed. :)

Here are two shots of Tom's "Tom N Jerry" quilt. It washed up so nice! I used bamboo batting in it. I like the bamboo batting. If you use it though, remember it shrinks up a tad more I think, than all cotton batting. It is so soft though!!!
Don't look at the burnt orange carpeting on his floor. 90% of this house has that carpeting in it. We think it is about 20-30 years old. We plan to eventually replace it all with laminate flooring. It is U-G-L-Y!!!
I dug out my blocks and patterns for the U is for Unicorn quilt. I am thinking/hoping to start working on it again too. Fabric therapy is still the best therapy of all!!!

No comments: