Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Working on my ABC's

After over a year of no progress, I dug out my UFO, "U is for Unicorn" stuff. This is a quilt that I have been working on for several years. It has been quite intense and I have learned a LOT! The pattern book is by Eileen Campbell.

I have these six blocks to work on now. I have the M block almost done from when I worked on all this the last time. The other five blocks are just now starting. I thought you might like to see their progress. Each letter speaks for itself.





Today, I hope to make more progress on them. I will be using the sewing machine instead of the iron. I also use chalk to mark the general floral and vine patterns. If you click on the book picture below, it will take you to my web page that shows all the blocks that I have completed so far.

If I had to venture a guess, I would say I started this quilt around 2003 or 2004. It is about time I worked on it more, or it will be one of those UFO's that never gets done!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

you go girl!

Jaye said...

I was trying to find the beginning of this project, but I know that some projects are BB (before blogging - LOL!!!). Still, it would be great for you to write about getting started on it and what inspired you. I saw a similar quilt - different pattern, I think - and admired it, but also walked away and never looked back. I'd love to know what inspired you to get started on it.

Jaye said...

Are yous till updating the web page?