I've spent several hours today, working on my "My Tweets" BOM. It is good it is a BOM (block-of-the-month) because it will take at least that long to prepare one block to be sewn!!!
I am really taking my time though. When something isn't right, I am redoing it to make it right! So far I have not had to re-cut any fabric, but I may have to redo the blue trim under the wings. Believe it or not, this is a newer thing for me to do...to take time to make it right. So many times in the past, I just go at a project and if something goes wrong, I just don't care about quality any more and make it work, wrong.
That bad habit leads to little imperfections throughout my quilts that I am not proud of! I am getting better about it now though. If I am not making it right, I quit working on the project and set it aside to come back to later, when I am in a better mood!
This first photo shows you my iron and special ironing surface. In the bottle is diluted starch. I don't want starch all over my ironing board so I have a special board on top. All it is, is a piece of quarter inch plywood covered with a little batting and low quality cheap muslin. It sets right on my ironing board for use. I could have it on my cutting table too, if I wanted.
I have some of the pieces prepared and ready to glue together before sewing to the background. I did not realize how tedious this was going to be! It is such a pleasing piece to work on though, that is is worth the fuss and bother!
I started this last night and hope to get the feathers, flowers, and leaves done yet today. Tomorrow I hope to work on the stems. I needed a little break though, so I thought I would give this little update on the blog. Time to get back at it! I hope you all are enjoying your weekend too!