Monday, February 21, 2011

It's Been One of THOSE Days!

I think it started late yesterday afternoon. I went to get a few groceries and they were out of skim milk. Then the clerk dropped the raspberries all over the floor at checkout. Then the second carton of raspberries was dumped as the cart was pulled away from the checkout lane and the bag had hooked on something. After that, I was almost hit by a driver going the wrong way, in the parking lot.

I made it home though. And the raspberries had no flavor. They were awful! hahaha

I had worked almost all day on block number two of my "My Tweets". I was in the process of gluing the pieces in place, in preparation to sewing them down. ALL those leaves were so labor intensive!
I liked how it was looking as I put it together. Then last night, I looked at it again. There was something about it that wasn't quite right. I took a photo of the completed block. I wish I could show it to you, but I accidentally deleted it from my computer AND camera! I told you, it has been one of those days! (even though it seems to have started yesterday)

I wasn't happy with the lack of contrast in some spots and too much contrast in others. Thank goodness Roxanne's basting glue is water soluble so I could remove the offensive bird parts! hahahaha

So I spent half of this afternoon, redoing the wings, some tail feathers, and the big center flower. I reshaped two bell flowers too. I think I am going with this one:
This is block two then, ready to be sewn down!

If you are still reading this, that means you are NOT sewing! Get out of here and ... GO SEW SOMETHING!!! (you know you want to!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, what a day you had! Sure happy you made it home safely. Love your fabrics! This will be such a colorful quilt. Bluee

Jaye said...

Poor dear! I am glad you persevered with the block. It is shaping up! You might take a look at the way the Piece O'Cake ladies do their leaves. They use a variety of different greens, which is very effective. It might be what you need? The othe thout I have is to do some hand stitching/embroidery on the blocks when you are finished. Of course, I am not making the quilt so I don't know the image you have in your mind. Just some thoughts for you!

Sherri said...

Thanks ladies! @Jaye, I do have some of the blocks with different greens for the leaves too.
And yes, great minds think alike because when I am done with these blocks, I plan to put some thread work on them, here and there, before sandwiching them and quilting the whole quilt. One thing I am seriously considering with this one, is quilting the blocks, individually. I would have lots more control over the results.