Sunday, November 20, 2011

Turkey Leftovers...

This posting relates to the tutorial on my Turkey Trot block:

I found out that the wattle on a turkey can also be called a waddle and neither is the little red thingy on the turkey! That little red hangy downy thing is called a snood. Really!

Also, some have had issues with the download of the templates. If you do, please contact me or leave a comment and I can email you a pdf file for the templates.

Lastly, someone said my pattern was a direct copy that someone else did. I can assure you it is not. I was inspired by several Dresden Plate variations of turkey blocks and went into my EQ7 and MSPublishing programs to design my block. I did a search and found other people have used brown batiks. I did too. Other people have circles for heads or shaped heads or heads with necks. How many ways can one draw a turkey???

If my block looks like someone else's block, it is a coincidence. I really tried to make mine unique.

That's it for today! Happy Sewing everyone!

1 comment:

Sandy H said...

"Wattles" and "Snoods." Who knows how these names come about? If I wasn't so behind myself on projects at the moment I'd have been making your turkey block. It's way cute!