Monday, December 5, 2011

Starry starry night....

I just realized I have neglected my blog! I've been busy. It doesn't look like it here though. lol My studio has been taken over by holiday decorations as it is the only room I can lock the cats out of. I have some old ornaments that I will not allow them to bat around as a toy!

Speaking of cats, when I moved my Mom's old sewing machine cabinet, in the dining room, I found five elastic hair thingies! The cats think they make great mice!

Anyway, in the studio I worked on star blocks for the block of the month at my guild. I used the pattern from Twiddletails blog, called Tree Toppers.
Above are the pieces all cut out and some of the half square triangles sewn together. Below are the two blocks I finished.
Now you need to remember, I am the one who comes up with the designs for the blocks of the month. This month I told everyone to just choose their favorite star block. I saw this one and decided it was cute and unique. It was labor intensive too! I should read my OWN directions though. I said to make the star BLUE!!! Now I have two star blocks that I will need to figure out how to incorporate into some other project. I went back and made this block for the guild, instead:
I hope to get back to the U is for Unicorn quilt again. I have a gazillion flowers to stitch on!
I hope you are having fun getting ready for the holidays too! Till next time, go sew something!

No comments: