Saturday, August 25, 2012

Quick Updates

 I am finished making up the pattern for the guild's September Block of the Month. It will be Flying Geese.

 I bought my first vintage Singer sewing machine. It is a 99K built around 1956. I paid all of $10 for it with the cabinet. It is very clean and I don't think it was stored in any one's basement or garage!

Below is a rag rug I made several years ago. I really messed up the tension as I made it and it has very wavy edges as you can plainly see:
 So I undid it this past week, in a moment of insanity and am in the process of remaking it. I bought thirty more yards of the rope today so I can make this run REALLY big! (and flat)
That is it for now! I've just been going crazy as per normal here. At least I get to touch fabric a little bit!

No comments: