Monday, November 26, 2012

Challenge Day 26

Last night we drove about six miles to partake in the annual Big Dam Bridge Moon Walk. It was cold and exhilarating!

Just before leaving I took this photo our our back porch:
If you look very carefully, you might be able to see the (almost) full moon rising in the middle there, just above the trees. Those bright orange trees that are shorter, are our crepe myrtles. They are so pretty right now!

After arriving to the site where the walk would start, 
we took this shot of the bridge:
Aren't those lights pretty? The bridge lights change in time with music that was playing on loud speakers. The idea is to walk from North Little Rock to Little Rock. The Big Dam Bridge connects the two cities. The distance there and back is about two miles.

It was chilly but not bone chilling. There was a bit of a breeze at the top end of the bridge. My young son and husband joined me in the adventure.

I am waking back to North Little Rock in the next photo. Without trying to, my husband got this weird effect in the picture:
"Halfway across the bridge...CHECK!"


Here is a shot of my son and I on the bridge. 
That white dot overhead is the moon.

Tonight I am working on the binding of the second quilt I did over the weekend. I am about halfway done. Not much else to report for today!

Till next time...Happy Sewing!

No comments: