Thursday, November 1, 2012

Challenge Day One!

I am going to try something this month that will be a major challenge...at least for me it will be! I am going to post every day in November. It is called the No Days Off in November blogging challenge. Kay Sperino over on the Finishing Lines blog has issued the challenge to write on your blog every day in November! So, here we go with day one!

Today I spent part of the time trying to find yarn for this sweater:

It is called the Comfy Boyfriend Crochet Sweater Pattern by Melissa Horozewski and I bought the pattern through KnitPicks. I can't knit worth a dang, but I have done a fair amount of crocheting. I have only crocheted one sweater in all my years though.  That one was for one of my kids. It didn't turn out too well. The kids said it was itchy and the arms were long enough for tentacles.

I am going to try to do this one above the right way. I am working on figuring out how to do gauge checking. I am also wanting to get the right yarn. I am planning to stay away from the super cheapo yarns. Because I am trying to not be too cheap frugal, I am really shopping around for yarn. Trouble is the yarn shop yarn starts at $8.00 for a small skein. I need more than ten of them. Um...I just can't spend $80 on this!

That is the only creative thing I did today! Phew! I hope I can keep this up for the next 29 days. Don't hold your breath though. hehehehe

No comments: