Thursday, June 6, 2013

Spring and Winter

It is spring time and I finished one of the four borders 
for the My Tweets quilt project:

One forth of the way done!
The green vine and leaves above to the right
 is the second border that I am just starting on.
The holiday themed wintertime block has not been so successful. For the past three days I have been struggling with a block that has quarter square triangles in it. I have just about given up making it work right. The block made by the pattern designer looks like this:
I have made the center red and yellow part and it measures just right! I have not been able to make the outer borders work yet. They are either too long or too narrow or points disappear. I am not sure if I am doing it wrong or if the directions are wrong. I have emailed the pattern maker and am awaiting her reply. I am not the only one having issues either. I am sure we will figure it out eventually!

That is it for quilty stuff! It has been a busy week and I haven't had much time to play in the studio. Perhaps tomorrow I will be able to get some serious work/play done!

No comments: