Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween! (and Off the Wall Friday)

I swear, if it weren't for how long it takes me to edit photos, I'd post more often! Maybe I should edit photos more often so I get faster at it? Oh well, at least I DO have a few pictures for you today.

First up is block eight of the Jingle Belle BOM:

I have the pieced block done too, but forgot to take a photo of that one! ARGH!!! I am working on the center medallion and really hope to have this top done by December's guild meeting. We are having an emphasis on holiday quilts for that meeting and I would love to show this one off!

Speaking of the guild, we have donated fabrics and supplies that are sold a few times a year to raise funds for the guild. The last time we had such a sale, the organizer gal had some fabric that no one had taken an interest in, for over a year. I offered to take it and make charity items with it. I made 12 pillowcases in pastels. The photo doesn't do them justice though.
The solid peach is fabric I used for the cuffs for most of the cases. They are really lovelier in person. They are very feminine. Ugly fabrics are not always ugly! I hope the recipients like them!

Since I have cats, I keep any live green plants in my studio. I have a few orchids and one pineapple plant in there. Imagine my surprise one day, when this appeared amongst the orchids:
It is some type of fungi. It lived for a few days and then just died off.

This last photo does not begin to do justice to what the meaning is behind it:
Yes, this is the LAST border for the U is for Unicorn quilt! It is done!!! I am ready to assemble the whole top now. I then have a dragon and stork to applique on, before sandwiching it, and (gulp) quilting it!

Jaye, I thought of you the whole time as I soldiered through and worked to finish this quilt. Thanks for the push!

That's it for today. I think I will link up to Nina's "Off the Wall Friday" this week. Happy Halloween! And happy sewing!

No comments: