Saturday, July 5, 2014

Clean up that mess!

I have been avoiding the task of cleaning off the messy half of my studio table by making up things to work on, instead. For example, this shirt:
It was made from a piece of fabric that I was going to toss out or give to charity. I've had it for five years and originally bought it because it was just such a pretty print and soooooooooo silky!
Being the rebel that I am, I decided to not use a pattern. I was shocked that this actually turned out to be a wearable piece! I plan to wear it this fall with a black sleeveless turtleneck underneath. I think it will be quite flattering!

Out in the yard, our Rose of Sharon's are blooming. We have a white one:
We also have a lavender one:

Back inside the studio we have the June block of the month almost done:
I was playing around in PhotoShop and darkened the circle around the birdhouse hole. I also put the line under, thinking the house needed a perch. The red male Cardinal also has legs drawn on. Once I decide what looks best, I will turn the drawing parts into thread painting. I love using PhotoShop to audition ideas on fabrics, instead of trying things and then ripping out my work to redo.

I have the top together for the latest charity quilt too:

I work a little bit, every night, on the final border for the My Tweets quilt. I have two quilts waiting to be sandwiched and quilted. They are waiting for me to clean off my messy studio table, so I can do that. And that brings us back to where I started this posting!

Till next time, Happy Sewing!

2 comments:

thequiltingdoberman said...

Making clothing without a pattern...good for you! I used to sew clothing a lot, not so much right now. Your flowers are beautiful. I don't know that I see those type around here, i will have to look them up. Sam

Sherri said...

I don't sew many clothing items, so this was a stretch for me. I try a lot, but usually can't figure out how to get the fit right!

The flowers are on a bush here in the south. Very common and easy to grow!

thanks for stopping by!