My Photo
is originally from Minnesota, did 'time' in California, and is currently sentenced to doing a few years in Arkansas.
She's the "Lazy Quilter" who often doesn't take time to try to achieve perfection. She's "Walker Lady" who changed her lifestyle and lost over 70 pounds in the process! She wears the hats of a Quilter, Artist, Crafter, Musician, Life Coach, Wife, and Mom, all rolled up into one crazy eccentric woman!

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Clean up that mess!

I have been avoiding the task of cleaning off the messy half of my studio table by making up things to work on, instead. For example, this shirt:
It was made from a piece of fabric that I was going to toss out or give to charity. I've had it for five years and originally bought it because it was just such a pretty print and soooooooooo silky!
Being the rebel that I am, I decided to not use a pattern. I was shocked that this actually turned out to be a wearable piece! I plan to wear it this fall with a black sleeveless turtleneck underneath. I think it will be quite flattering!

Out in the yard, our Rose of Sharon's are blooming. We have a white one:
We also have a lavender one:

Back inside the studio we have the June block of the month almost done:
I was playing around in PhotoShop and darkened the circle around the birdhouse hole. I also put the line under, thinking the house needed a perch. The red male Cardinal also has legs drawn on. Once I decide what looks best, I will turn the drawing parts into thread painting. I love using PhotoShop to audition ideas on fabrics, instead of trying things and then ripping out my work to redo.

I have the top together for the latest charity quilt too:

I work a little bit, every night, on the final border for the My Tweets quilt. I have two quilts waiting to be sandwiched and quilted. They are waiting for me to clean off my messy studio table, so I can do that. And that brings us back to where I started this posting!

Till next time, Happy Sewing!

2 comments:

thequiltingdoberman said...

Making clothing without a pattern...good for you! I used to sew clothing a lot, not so much right now. Your flowers are beautiful. I don't know that I see those type around here, i will have to look them up. Sam

Sherri D said...

I don't sew many clothing items, so this was a stretch for me. I try a lot, but usually can't figure out how to get the fit right!

The flowers are on a bush here in the south. Very common and easy to grow!

thanks for stopping by!