Monday, July 28, 2014

House Remodeling

I wish I were talking about MY house, but no, I am talking about that recent block of the month block I made. This is how it looked:

It bothered me that the 'inside' of the birdhouse was so light looking. I wasn't happy with the satin stitching around the outside edge of the hole either. So what did I do about it? I very carefully did some frog quilting. Rippit, rippit, rippit. I very carefully removed the satin stitching and the fabric with the female cardinal on it. I then appliquéd the female back on to a dark brown piece of fabric.
I tucked in the brown fabric and restitched the hole around the bird. I like how this looks MUCH better!

2 comments:

thequiltingdoberman said...

That is a lovely change actually! It worked well. I think normally I just let things stay, but maybe I should think about making changes more if the quilt needs it! Sam

Sherri said...

Thanks! It is one reason I like working with fabric so much. If you sew it MOST of the time, you can un sew it! lol