Sunday, September 14, 2014

September is off to a great start!

I've spent a nice few days in the studio, playing and working and playing some more! I finished the ninth block-of-the-month for my night guild. It is supposed to be a school house block.
I think it needs something more. Perhaps a bell? Maybe I could make a flag pole and put a flag on it?
I don't know what I will do yet.

I finished Leafy Quilt!
It is my first log cabin quilt. I made it for my son. (He's up there on the right) I let him decide the layout. It looks great on his bed!

I worked on the October block-of-the-month:
Right after I did it, my ever-so-helpful-hubby asked me, "Didn't you mean for the darker colors to be in the bottom?" Sigh. I did. I messed up. I used photoshop to see if it would look better if I turned it upside down. The result is on the right, below:

I think I will keep it the way it is. I might add the jack-o-lantern face and vine spirals to it too; see my ideas on the left above.

That is the latest from the studio!
Happy Sewing Ya'll!!!

2 comments:

CraftyGardenMom - Tanesha said...

Your log cabin "Leafy Quilt" is fabulous! And the pumpkin is cute as is - no pumpkin in a patch looks the same. :-)

Quilt Rat said...

Oh yeah! Add the face and vine detail....LOVE it! you sure do get a lot of excellent work accomplished.