Monday, June 1, 2015

Breaking a plate

We took an unexpected 26 hour, marathon driving, trip over the weekend, so I didn't get my blog posting done on Sunday, like I had planned. All is well, but sometimes life happens!

I did manage to finish one of two of the "My Favorite Things" blocks for the month of May. This one is a birthday cake:
It is a red velvet cake with sprinkles on the frosting...in case you couldn't tell.

I managed to pull some fabrics to audition for the Dresden Plate Project. I was going to do a Christmas theme. As I pulled out the colors I came across six circles of fabric from a quilt I made a long long time ago. The fabric was of various Charles Shultz cartoons of Snoopy, Charlie Brown, Lucy, Linus, etc. I thought that they would make a very cute center for the plates.

When I started putting fabrics around these centers though, I could tell they didn't go along with the circles. The feel of the whole thing was off. I still like the idea of making a holiday throw quilt instead of a bed sized holiday quilt though. I will try to audition some other colors that might work.

If that fails, perhaps I can find some fabrics from The Fat Quarter Shop. Why there? Well, besides being a really neat shop, I won a drawing for a $25 gift certificate!!! Cindy of Quilt Doodle Doodles runs the "My Favorite Things" BOM and has a drawing each month for those of us participating. Thank you Cindy and The Fat Quarter Shop!

That's it for now. Until next time, happy sewing y'all!

No comments: