Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Owl be seeing you

My dear husband usually gets me what I ask for, for holidays, birthdays, etc. He spoils me rotten.  I really wanted a new ironing board and iron. I got them both this past Christmas. I loved having good steam again! Here is a photo of the new ironing board:
Those shirts are hanging on it, ready to be ironed. It is folded up and is between a bookcase and another storage thing in the studio. Oh, I have used it, several times. Trouble is, the part you iron on, the 'board' part, is made of plastic. Do you know how plastic works with heat? Who the heck thought of making an ironing board with a PLASTIC ironing surface????? It does well for hanging clothes though.

I donated my old ironing board to my quilt guild, to use for workshops and such. It had a metal board. Now what to do? Then I recalled that we inherited an old wooden ironing board. It has a flat surface!!! So I got a cover for it and have been using it and LOVING it! lol Sometimes, you can't really improve on the old time things.

The top
The underside

I also finished a quilt this week! I finished the Owl quilt for my oldest son. He loves owls and since he lives in California, I did them in rainbow colors. I will give it to him for Christmas. 




Short, sweet, and simple this week! Till next time, happy sewing y'all!!!




No comments: