Saturday, November 23, 2019

Amazing how much you can do sometimes!

It amazes me how many quilt tops I have completed since I had my knee surgery. I think I am up to six tops done and three quilts quilted! Do you think not being able to drive all these weeks had something to do with it?
I am experimenting with strip quilting. This one has a variety of strips from my scrap bins. I am tickled at how much fabric this uses up!

This one was done the same way and is all batik scraps that I had. I experimented with the white triangles to break up the quilt and to add interest.

This is another batik with white to break up the color. I like this one better.

While the first three are all 2.5" strips, this one was done with 3.5" strips. This one is smaller and will be for a little girl someday.

I also made dog beds. The two smaller ones on top will be donated to a local shelter that loves having them. The stuffing is either batting scraps, poly fill, or leftover fabric waste. By waste I mean long trimmings like the salvage edges or longer edges leftover when squaring up the ends of bolts. 

 Roxy tested this one out that we are keeping. She approves of it!

All the dog beds were made from leftover scraps or freebie fabrics from the quilt guild. I love using up all this for a good cause, instead of tossing it out.

I have the quilt "My Favorite Things" on display at a local library. My family drove me out to see the exhibit of all the quilts. It is amazing how much talent we have in our little guild!

After a long day of quilting and sewing, Loki says I need to be a pillow for his head and we need to take a nap. I didn't argue with him. He's such a moose though! hahaha

I hope you enjoyed visiting my blog today. Till next time, happy sewing Y'all!

1 comment:

Jaye said...

WOW!!!! 6 quilts! That is crazy and amazing. I think you might want to consider a day of no driving even now that you can drive. Block off a day of quilting in your calendar per week - or every two weeks. Imagine how much you would get done.

Our guild makes pet beds also. Check out the tutorial at: https://artquiltmaker.com/blog/2013/04/cat-beds-again/ Your design looks easier, so perhaps is faster to sew. We usually make ours out of leftover fleece, but I have made them from regular quilting cotton as well.