Saturday, February 15, 2020

Love has many levels

There is a basic love of old sewing machines...well for me there is. I figured out what kind of key I need for one of the older cabinets I have. I will be on the hunt for one at the local antique and flea market stores. I may already have the type of key I need, IF I could find where I put the old keys that we've kept around the house for years. hahaha

There is the love of waking up in the morning with a dog snoring in your ear. I don't know whether Loki loves snoring more than cuddling, but love is involved, even with a dog in your ear.

There is the love of silliness. This is how Roxy often sleeps, at the foot of the bed. She is a very silly dog, therefore, very loved too.

I have the love of creating, especially when quilting. This is my design wall with a quilt in progress, called Nordic Fire. I am not following the color scheme from the pattern and I am using color combinations that I wouldn't normally use. So far I like it!

I have a love for appliqué work. I am working on a design I found in a book on quilting from 1949. This is as close to designing my own appliqué quilt as I've come. It doesn't look like much yet, but just wait, there will be more pictures soon.

Finally there is the tremendous love of family. My husband got me this box of chocolates and my daughter got me the flowers. I got something for them as well. It was a nice Valentine's Day.
That's the latest from a very cold winter day in Arkansas! 
Till next time, happy sewing y'all!

No comments: