Sunday, February 9, 2020

Old and New

OLD: This is a closeup of my Mom's sewing machine. It's called an Eau Claire. These were made in the 50's and 60's in Japan. They often have many names of towns and such but all are Precision branded. I hope I have that information correct. They are basically knockoffs of the Singer 15. Mine is a straight stitch with drop feed-dogs! I am working on cleaning it up and I will have it set up in a treadle base when all is said and done.

NEW: Here is one more strip quilt being readied for quilting:

NEW: I finished the center block for Nordic Fire:

NEW: We had snow here in the middle of Arkansas last week!

OLD: These are balls of 100% wool. I got them from a thrift store several years ago. They are not the best quality any more. They have breaks in them, here and there. I decided to crochet them all together in a tight stitch. I will then wash them and have them shrink into a tight matt. I am going to use this on my ironing board! Wool is a great conductor of heat and this will make a wonderful pressing mat.

That's my all my old and new postings for today. Till next time, happy sewing y'all!

No comments: