Sunday, February 2, 2020

Foggy soggy doggie days

It's been foggy and quite dreary around these parts. That is winter in the south sometimes. 
These photos were taken after the fog started lifting!

I made good use of time indoors. I am working on a challenge block for my quilt guild. I think I have the pattern drawn up. I need to add directions to it.

I got a shear curtain repaired from the dogs having ripped it! 

I had to piece a backing for one of the stripe quilt tops. That red fabric has four pieces to it. I will be sandwiching it soon. I have two more to sandwich and then hope to get them quilted before March's guild meeting.

These are the shelves that I have my fabric on. I took two spring rods and a tablecloth to make two covers for the fabrics. I wanted to keep dust and dog hair away from the fabric. The tablecloth was a $1.50 on clearance and has a flannel back. I can turn these around and have design walls for blocks!
BEFORE
AFTER
This is just the tablecloth cover pulled to one side.

Last week I said I wanted to share a surprise. This is it:
I made a cross back apron without using a pattern! I gifted it to a friend who has shared so many things with me over the years. I wanted to give something back to her.
I am quite proud of how this turned out. It is completely reversible too.
I like the design enough to make another one for myself!

This is the sample block for an upcoming challenge at the guild:
The horse charm and the dandelion charm are from a charm pack. I added two more charms from my stash. That is the idea of this challenge. You take two charms and add two. Then part of the black and white border will be added. If everyone turns their charms back in, it will make a nice twin size bed cover.

I am almost done with my appliqué block:

What is hiding under the ironing board?

OH, it is Roxy. She's waiting for me to vacuum again so she can chase it and kill it.
A very busy week, full of fabric therapy, is a good week indeed.
Till next time, happy sewing y'all!

1 comment:

Bhanu said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.