Monday, August 3, 2020

Silly Summer Stuff

Loki is our biggest dog. He's about 65 pounds. At night he crawls between us to sleep for a little while. Later he always leaves and goes into his own bed on the floor. He stays for an hour or so with us watching TV, and him sleeping soundly. He often dreams doggie dreams. One night he was making a strange noise as he dreamed and when I looked over I saw this: 
He was nursing in his sleep! He's only a little over two years old. I guess it takes a long time for the puppy to grow out of the dog. It was so stinkin' cute too!

I have the top done for my wallhanging for my husband. We are silly in this household and I often sing "You are my Sunshine" to him. When I saw this panel, I had to get it and make a wallhanging.

This is something I make for the whole family and it is very much loved too. Homemade chicken pot pie! I like doing the extra decorative cutouts on the top, just to be fancy and to show off. 

Roxy is watching me. She probably wants something. Those blue eyes can be quite mesmerizing. 

We have our junk foods that we like now and then. These canned tamales are one of my husband's favorite. It has been months and months since we've been able to get them! I put them on every grocery order and even tried several different stores. Amazon had them at a premium price but sold out in a few weeks time too. When I got groceries last week, the tamales had magically appeared! Yippee!!!

I am almost done with my second pair of socks. This pattern is going better. I still have so much to learn about making them fit right. At least there are several sizes of feet in the family and these will fit my husband just fine.

That's it for today. Not much sewing has been going on. I've been concentrating on sock making and some hand embroidery. Those things are slow going. I like how they turn out though. It makes the time taken, well worth the end result.

Till next time, happy sewing y'all!


2 comments:

Jaye said...

I have never seen those Hormel tamales! Our grocery stores are pretty small, so a lot of varieties are not available. You probably know this from living in the Bay Area. I enjoy going to Fred Meyer when I visit Portland and checking out the varieties of prepared foods that I never see here. I also can't eat most of them, but it is fun to look.

Sherri said...

We were actually able to get them in San Jose when we lived there. They are mostly out of stock now, because of the pandemic. I just keep a standing order for them on my grocery pickup days. There were other things that were not available though. Strange how that happens, eh? :)