Tuesday, October 20, 2020

A Yarn of a Story

I threatened my husband the other day. I said to him, "At least I don't buy yarn like this person just did." He wasn't very amused. 

Don't get me wrong. He really does let me loose to enjoy my yarn and fabric passions. I guess I shouldn't say "let" but he IS very supportive of my hobbies. He did say something like we'd have to talk though, if this photo was from our house. hahaha

I wasn't just 'yarning' around since I last posted. I actually got back into the studio! I keep putting up the herringbone quilt, just to have something on the design wall. I have not made any progress on it yet.

What did progress was this years Halloween themed quilt. Those blue squares to the left are mostly fussy cut drawings from a Ghastly fabric line that I have. It's not easy to use due to the size of the prints. I cut out some of the figures and framed them in blue batiks. I used a batik fabric 'cake' that had been laying around. I used the same method for the Quarantine quilt that I made a few months back. 

Dex is watching me:

"You did what???"

I said, I lined up the blocks and sashed them in a bright orange print. 
I used up some other Halloween prints on the back of this quilt.
It isn't my best work. The structure is fine but I am not thrilled with how the whole thing looks. I hope to find someone who doesn't care about my color choices and gets a kick out of the Ghastly prints.

I finished my Halloween socks:


I am quite pleased with the structure and fit of these. I'm excited about making more socks. My skills are improving with practice! Imagine that concept! Practice makes perfect, or in this case, at least better!

I dug out the Sweet16 quilting machine last week. It was buried under about six quilts that are waiting to be quilted. I made good use of my time and had this one quilted in two days! The prints are all kinds of scraps of cat fabrics. I am gifting this to my cousin who rescues cats. 

I had a little of the white print fabric leftover from making the binding and used it to make the cuff of this pillowcase. I will put the Crazy Cat Lady quilt inside it and ship it off soon. I hope she likes it as it is a surprise.

Oh my, I think I tired out the 'kids'. I am amused that they are all sleeping so close together without growling. Usually one of them is up closer to me too. Silly pups.


I think I'll take a cue from the dogs and go take a little nap. Till next time, happy crafting y'all!

1 comment:

Jaye said...

I know a lot has happened since you wrote this post. I am so impressed with how much you got done. I love the idea of putting a quilt in a pillow case to ship it off. I often think of doing that, but never seem to get around to it.

I am sure someone will like the Ghastlies quilt. Did you mean a donation or will you give it to someone in the family?

I didn't know you had a Sweet 16! I will start expecting more quilts out of you. ;-)

Take care!