Saturday, November 28, 2020

Let the holidays begin!

This time of year is busy for everyone and is especially busy here. 
From October through to New Year's we have four birthdays, four holidays, 
and all the hustle and bustle that goes with such events! 
It all starts with my birthday. I got flowers and cards and had a lovely day with family.
 

 In the midst of all this our son moved back from college to finish the semester here at home. He and Roxy are good friends and when he leaves to run an errand or to drive back to campus for a test, she will lay on his bed and stare out towards the window, wishing those curtains would part and show him coming home.

I've spent time in the studio, getting projects done so I can put up the sewing machine for the holidays. I finally sewed the chevrons together for this quilt top:
It turned out alright but it doesn't thrill me. I wish I had staggered the rows. 
It's not bad, it just isn't in my favorites pile.

Roxy really likes the guys in the family the best. 
Here she is waiting for my husband to come home after work. She is very patient. 

This is the last of the quilt tops for this year. The pieces are leftover from the quilt above. For some reason, I really like this one! I'll be putting a border around it and I think it will end up on our bed.

"What's that you hear Roxy? Is that Daddy coming home?"

I best get supper started then. 
I wish you and yours a happy and safe holiday season! 
Till next time, happy crafting y'all!

No comments: