Sunday, May 28, 2023

Peacefulness, 50 quilts, and colors

 We went camping again, to our favorite spot, Woolly Hollow State Park. They have this pier that goes out over the lake that is so picturesque.

And this original cabin that the owners of the land lived in before it was donated to the park.

On one of our walks around the neighborhood we were offered this exercise bike for free. We took it home and there's nothing wrong with it. Since we're on a health kick these days, it will be well used.

I finished a few more Orphan Block quilts for the guild.

The same block design was used in both of these quilts.

Here is the end of the orphan blocks. I used most of this and the rest will go back to the freebie table at the guild.

And here is the last Orphan Block quilt, ready to be quilted.

The Orphan Block Challenge produced over 50 quilts during the past year. What an amazing group of ladies that helped me out with gathering fabrics and blocks and helping to sew parts of them together.


My garden surprised me with this gorgeous lily. I have the traditional orange Tiger Lillies around but this is the first one of this color way.

One of my next big projects is restoring an old quilt for a friend. This is not the fabric but it IS three washings with these color catchers. I have a red fabric that refuses to stop bleeding. I've since washed it a forth time with some product and will test it later to see if I finally locked the color in.
That's it for today. I am off to wreak havoc in my studio. Have a crafty weekend y'all!

No comments: