Saturday, June 3, 2023

Heating things up

 We bought a new countertop stove a few years ago. Due to new regulations the burners are weird. They don't get totally red hot. I couldn't boil water unless I put a lid on the pot and then it would take forever to heat to boil.

While looking for a refrigerator, I commented to the salesperson about my burners. She told me I could get replacement burners that were like the older style. I bought one small burner. That is the one on the lower left. The one on the upper right is what came with the stove top. Both burners were turned on 'high' and left for a couple minutes. See the difference? I will eventually replace the other three burners and will now be able to cook like I want to!


Here is a lovely (?) bouquet of fungus. This is in our yard.

I'm not having to spend time on the donation quilts any more and have begun to make actual quilts for family and friends again. This pattern is called "The Peanut Butter Quilt"  by Meghan of Then Came June.
I'm taking my time with it and I think it will be one of those 'happy' quilts when finished.

Last year I pulled a weed from my garden and discovered I had pulled a flower root. Thank goodness there was another one that I left alone. It came back this year and bloomed. It's a dalia.

I won a close game of thread chicken the other day. Bobbins can run out so fast sometimes!

I took in an antique quilt to repair for a friend. It's going to take a lot of work but will be a labor of love.

Each day we go for a walk. The sky was exceptionally peaceful the other day.
Till next time, craft away to your heart's content!

No comments: