Saturday, December 31, 2022

Work work work, FUN!

 It takes me forever to edit these pages. When I load the photos they end up all over the place. I am going to try something different and just write about each photo as they show up. Let's see how this works out!

These are orphan blocks that I've collected from my quilt guild members or made from scraps they've donated. I am working on a layout to turn this into a quilt.

I think I like the first one better than the one below.

For the umpteenth time for the past few years, I've been trying to relearn how to knit. Mom taught me how but it's been over 50 years ago and I've forgotten most of what she tried teaching me. I asked for and got new knitting needles from my guys and have tried again. I made progress! The bamboo needles have been easier for me to use than Mom's old slippery aluminum ones.

Here is another orphan block quilt. This one has been assembled and will be donated to our community outreach program for those in need.

Here are the results of a day of baking, just before Christmas. From left to right, starting at the top, Hello Dolly bars, pecan pie, peanut butter balls, and homemade cheesecake from scratch. 

Here is another orphan block quilt in progress. The photos are in reverse order. The one below is showing the next two borders that will be added. One is the black strip and the other is the brown paisley print.
I tried the striped fabric before deciding on the paisley fabric and didn't like it.
Note that the paisley fabric on the little chair below the quilt. That is the backside of my grandmother's flower garden quilt. I had leftovers and it inspired me to try that fabric for the border of the orphan quilt.

Here I was auditioning fabrics for the corners. As you can see, the dark reddish brown was the winner.

I crochet a LOT. Here is my latest hat:

My wooden snowman had an accident last year. He fell off a shelf and broke his nose. He also lost his hat in the process. My wonderful husband not only got all the pieces back together again, he repainted the whole thing. We collaborated on the buttons and hat trim. Sticks were donated by our oak trees.

This time of year seems to bring power outages. When one has that happen, one digs out her special neck lights so one can crochet. 

This photo is supposed to show that I won a game of "thread chicken" when sewing binding around a king size quilt. Those of you who quilt will know what I mean.

PHEW! That is all for today. It is New Year's Eve here. I am looking forward to a new year of crafting and rededicating myself to finishing UFO's. (unfinished objects) Hey, I hear some of you laughing out there!!! 

Till next time, happy crafting y'all and Happy New Year!!!

No comments: