Thursday, January 12, 2023

Flying Fabrics

There are a bunch of projects happening in the studio these days. I have a lot of the orphan block quilts in various stages of completion. Here is one of them:


This one is ready to be quilted. The bowtie blocks were hand sewn!
Members added the green swan print fabric, the orange print, and the brown border under my directions.

This one is in the works and is currently on my design wall. 
I'm not sure where it will go from here.

I was playing around with these blocks and I just didn't care for it. I decided to make more nine-patch blocks to flesh it out some. You'll see it again someday.

This one was just finished last week! 
I like how it turned out.

This is a finished quilt that I made during the pandemic times. I gifted it to a young man who went to school with our son. He was very happy to have a nice quilt for winter!

This is another orphan block quilt top, ready to be quilted. Members all helped put it together after I decided the layouts. I do some sewing on these quilts and members do some. It's a group effort!

I tested a crochet pattern for a designer and made these two ear warmers:

I am still working on my knitting. It's slow but I am making progress.
Maybe next time I'll have a photo for you.

Meanwhile Dexter says it's time for a nap!

Till next time, happy crafting y'all!

No comments: