Sunday, January 29, 2023

The fabric has been flying!!!

I've been insanely busy in the studio this past week. I completed several more quilt tops for our guild.
This one has ten blocks that were hand sewn and two that weren't.

Another one with a  variety of blocks:

I was auditioning fabrics for the borders on this next quilt top. On the left side were the fabrics I tried out and on the right side is the completed top. I ended up using the fabric shown on the bottom left of the photo on the left. I call this quilt the 'Easter' quilt because the border fabric has rabbits and a few Easter eggs in the print and the zig zag block in the middle reminds me of how an egg would be decorated.

This one was also just bits and dabs of all kinds of fabrics. 
Many people helped put this one together:

This one has been in the works for almost a year!
I had a devil of a time with the layout of it.
At last month's guild meeting there was a flower print on the freebie table.
It was the same flower print that had been used in some of the blocks!
I grabbed it and that is what I used for the border around the whole thing:
I have EIGHT quilt tops to turn in at the next meeting. . . so far!

All the folks that work on the kits I make for the Orphan Block Challenge, are entered in a drawing to win prizes. 
I recently found these items for future prizes:

There's a quilting journal,
a keychain,
and a pair of sewing themed socks!
I think the winners will enjoy these unique gifts.

In April I am going to a treadle sewing machine event. 
Everyone that is going has been asked to make a block using their older machines.
Here is mine:
TOGA stands for "TreadleOn Gathering and Academy"


I am taking my Mom's treadle cabinet and an old treadle machine that I bought a few years back. I hope to get it all put together and maybe even learn how to use it!
That's it for this time. 
Happy crafting to all!

No comments: