Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Mirror, mirror, on the wall....

LOTS of progress today. I finished the satin stitching around all the pieces. I then printed the pattern onto Vellum paper and used a very short stitch to define the eyes, mouth, and nose. Later the paper is gently torn away from the fabric.
The same process is done for the wing veins and the hands. Here the paper is laid upon the fabric.
Here is the sewing in progress. I often peel away some of the paper as I go, so I can be sure I am covering what lines I want covered.During today's process, the fairy that will be on top and the one that will be the reflection on the bottom developed. These are not the same picture, but are two separate fairies:
I then pinned up both pieces to get an idea of how this will turn out. I will now take off most of the stabilizer on the back, and sandwich the pieces. I will then start some of the quilting. Each step gets scarier and scarier! I am so afraid the piece will have 'issues' as I go along and get ruined! Remember, you can click on any of these photos to see a larger image.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sherri, it has been a few days since I checked your blog and I am astounded at the work you have done on your reflection fairie. Your work is gorgeous. Carolyn H. in KY