Monday, September 1, 2008

Itty Bitty

I am working a lot this week at the mundane job. Not much sewing going on here, dagnabit! I did find these new-to-me flowers in the fence line though. Hey Blue! What are they? The little pompoms of color are about as big as a half dollar. The florets themselves are about a quarter of an inch each. The photograph doesn't do justice to the colors either. The bushy plant they are on is about three foot tall and is loaded with these flowers. They give me pause to think they inspired the old Grandmother's flower garden quilt patterns! :)

7 comments:

Barbara said...

I don't have a clue as to what those are, but they sure are pretty! Barb C.

Sherri D said...

Thanks Barb! I would have to agree with you on that! Still haven't figured out what they are, but I am sure someone will, soon!

Anonymous said...

scabosia... again. blue

Sherri D said...

Not scabosia. Thanks for trying though! :)

Anonymous said...

Dianthus(?) B

Sherri D said...

Nope. The flowers are teeny tiny clumps. Each floret is maybe a quarter inch across. They are like mini bouquets.

Anonymous said...

Lantana. It is lantana. Verified by three people. It grows wild in Florida, so says Scotty.
Blue